All equipment will be provided by the club, but we do encourage people to buy their own glove and bracer part way through training.
When training takes place
Training sessions take place on Tuesday / Wednesday nights and last for approximately two hours. Arrival is from 7.15 for a 7.30 pm start. Both adults and children train together at the same time.
The full course will consist of a minimum 6 x 2 hour training sessions plus a weekend (probably a Saturday, with a sign off session that takes approximately four hours) followed by three further weeks support.
We also implement occasional “have a go nights” in the support period, 1 x 2 hour session, adults £10, children £5. NB – trainees and have a go can only use the equipment we provide. They cannot bring their own.
- basic archery stance and aiming at roundel targets set at 8 yards to start
- mini competitions for trainees
- NFAS field targets and scoring
- advanced stances including kneeling down, stepping forward/back, balance practice
- guidance on buying archery equipment
- safety procedures for indoor and outdoor shooting
- overview of course etiquette at competition shoots
Cost of six week training course
Child (under 16) £30
Sound good? What now?
We endeavour to answer queries as quickly as possible and for that reason, you can text or call Geoff Weldon (Shoot Officer) using the following mobile number: 07796253871 (before 9pm) or by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, please get in touch using the form below: